The sturdy and networkable 3-Side Trimmer MOHR BC 330 is the latest development for automatically cutting perfect-bound or saddle-stitched products (e.g. books). In contrast to three-knife trimmers, it only has one knife for cutting three sides.
- Integration into the digital workflow
- Variable size options from product to product
- Cutting unit – easily accessible enabling a swift and simple knife change
- Minimum maintenance required due to the use of innovative material
- A gripper puts the product into the correct cutting position.
- The cut is hydraulic, which enables the time the knife spends in the bottom dead center to be adapted to the material. The robust cutting unit guarantees a precise cut that is gentle on the material. The applied pressure can be infinitely adjusted to every material to be cut within a large adjustment range.
- To increase performance, several products, stacked on top of each other, can be cut simultaneously.
- The BC 330 is operated from an ergonomically positioned 18.5″ touchscreen display.
- Repeat cut sizes can be saved and adapted at any time. In order to start the cutting program automatically, the machine can be equipped with a bar-code reader. This allows setup times to be reduced to almost zero.
Performance (single | multiple block) Books/h 220 520 Inner book untrimmed, min. | max. mm 107 x 152 305 x 330 Inner book trimmed, min. | max. mm 105 x 148 303 x 326 Head trim, min. | max. mm 2 100 Tail trim, min. | max. mm 2 100 Book thickness, min. | max. mm 5 51